This Warranty against defects for your newly purchased Cannon product is proudly prepared by IXL Home Pty Ltd of 391 Boundary Road, Truganina, Vic 3029, phone 1300 727 421.
- IXL Home products come with guarantees that do not exclude the following consumer entitlements under the Australian Consumer Law:
- replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage; and
- to have the goods repaired or replaced if goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
- IXL Home warrants that your product and related supply will be free from defects in materials and workmanship during the warranty term. Your warranty term is 3 years (10 years on the heat exchanger parts only), commencing from the date of purchase. IXL Home acknowledges this product requires professional installation and product removal is hazardous to consumers. Accordingly any necessary inspections and services will be carried out on site.
You should not attempt de-installation.
- Subject to Point 1, IXL Home will repair any defects in materials and workmanship during the warranty term and if the product is deemed irreparable provide a replacement of an equivalent current model where the balance of the warranty period from the original date of purchase will take effect.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law and subject always to Point 1, IXL Home will not be liable for:
- any loss or damage arising from loss of use, loss of profits or revenue; or
- for any indirect or consequential loss or damage resulting from any breach of this warranty against defects.
- Defective IXL Home products may be repaired using refurbished parts or if required, completely replaced by a refurbished product of the same type.
Limitations to Your Cannon Warranty
- Subject to Point 1, this Warranty:
- will only be provided to the original purchaser where the original purchase was made from a IXL Home Authorised Dealer or reseller and proof of such purchase can be presented at the time of service;
- only applies to IXL Home products purchased in Australia from a IXL Home Authorised Dealer or reseller and installed by a qualified person where a Certificate of Compliance in accordance with State/Territory laws is provided;
- will not apply where the defect in or failure of the product is attributable to misuse, abuse, accident or non-observation of the manufacturer’s instructions. This product must be used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions;
- will not cover faults due to normal wear and tear with reasonable use nor consumable components such as globes, filters, glass items, etc;
- will not cover any damages or problems caused to this product by natural forces e.g. storm, fire, flood, and earthquake; or by intrusion or accumulation (or both) of foreign matters e.g. dust, soil, and moisture. IXL Home recommends that you take out appropriate insurances to protect your product to this end;
- will not apply if this product is installed in a mobile dwelling e.g. caravan or boat;
- will not apply if this product is removed from the location where it was first installed;
- is immediately void if the serial or model number label is removed or defaced;
- is immediately void if the product is serviced or repaired by an unauthorised/unqualified personnel;
- covers use of this product for domestic use only;
- will not be restarted or extended upon repair or replacement of the product or a part.
How to Make a Claim Under Your Cannon Warranty
- To make a claim under this Warranty you will need to:
- contact IXL Home service department on 1300 727 421 or firstname.lastname@example.org to provide details and register your claim enabling a IXL Home assessment;
- submit proof of purchase with your claim e.g. tax invoice or purchase receipt;
- where a property has been constructed by a builder/developer and it is fitted with Cannon products, please submit proof of purchase by way of the certificate of occupancy, with your claim.
- IXL Home will contact you to make arrangements for a service on site.
- Subject to Point 1, you will be responsible for any costs relating to the provision of your product to a IXL Home Authorised Service Dealer.
- Subject to Point 1, in the event you live more than 50km away from a IXL Home Authorised Service Dealer you may be subject to travel or transport costs to facilitate the repairing or replacement of your Cannon product.
- IXL Home and its Authorised Service Dealers reserve the right to seek reimbursement of any costs incurred by them should your Cannon product be found to be in good working order.